Brad'S pepperoni stuffed chicken breast. You can stuff chicken breasts with several different ingredients and you can't really go wrong with pepperoni and cheese. These chicken breasts are stuffed with sliced pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. They are also coated with flour and Italian breadcrumbs.
Spray tops of chicken with cooking spray. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over chicken breasts. Pepperoni stuffed chicken is an easy way to transform boring chicken breasts into something your family will ask for again and again! You can have Brad'S pepperoni stuffed chicken breast using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad'S pepperoni stuffed chicken breast
- You need of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare of sliced pepperoni.
- It’s of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of basil leaves.
- Prepare of strips of bacon cut in half.
- Prepare of egg beaten with a little milk.
- Prepare of garlic and herb bread crumbs.
I stuffed these chicken breasts full of pepperoni and mozzarella, which can be a little heavy, so I went for a smaller serving size. I tore some of the slices to make them fit better. Dip each chicken breast in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Brad'S pepperoni stuffed chicken breast instructions
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place on a cutting board. Butterfly breasts starting with the thick side.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place mozzarella, pepperoni, and basil leaves on butterflied chicken.
- Fold back the chicken and lay strips of bacon over breasts.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until 145°F.
- Brush chicken with milk and egg mix. Dust with bread crumbs. Bake 10 more minutes . If crumbs are not brown turn on broiler a.few minutes.
Chicken breasts are pounded thin and rolled up around a filling of pepperoni and mozzarella. They're topped with spaghetti sauce and baked, then served over pasta for a family-pleasing We substituted turkey pepperoni for the "real" stuff and low-fat cheese as well as finding a low-sodium spagetti sauce. Transfer to oven and cook until chicken is just about cooked through and cheese is melted. Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken Parmesan: This twist on the traditional Chicken Parmesan will blow you away! After trying this dish, the normal Chicken Parmesan just won't do anymore.