Jerk Chicken Breast in the Crockpot with Vegetables.
You can cook Jerk Chicken Breast in the Crockpot with Vegetables using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken Breast in the Crockpot with Vegetables
- It’s 3 of boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried jerk seasoning blend.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of molasses.
- You need 1 of small clove garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 pinch of finely diced habanero pepper, seeds removed (or more if you like spicy).
Jerk Chicken Breast in the Crockpot with Vegetables instructions
- For Chicken: 3 boneless skinless chicken breast 1 teaspoon dried jerk seasoning blend 2 tablespoons butter.
- For sauce: ¼ cup soy sauce 2 tablespoons molasses 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 teaspoon dried jerk seasoning blend 1 small clove garlic, minced 1 pinch finely diced habanero pepper, seeds removed (or more if you like spicy).
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat (closer to high)..
- Season both sides of chicken with a little seasoning and place in hot pan..
- Sear on each side for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In small bowl whisk together sauce ingredients. Pour over chicken..
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until chicken is fully cooked. Add vegetables at 4 hour mark..
- NOTES: I cooked this on high in my 3.5 quart slow cooker for 5 hours. Be very careful when dicing habanero not to get juices on your skin (wear gloves if needed). It is very spicy so use only a little pinch unless you enjoy spicier flavors..